REGIONAL MINDFULNESS RESOURCES
More drop-in sessions:
In addition to OMM’s drop-in meditation groups, the secular sessions below are also available to anyone, regardless of experience level. They are free of charge, include a guided meditation, and are led by experienced meditators, many of them mindfulness teachers.
Noon-12:30 p.m. Being in Tune. Format: Guided meditation for 25 minutes. Contact: Mindful City Ann Arbor.
1-2 p.m. Cancer Support Community. Format: Two 20-minute guided meditations with discussion in between. Contact: Cancer Support Community.
- Noon-12:30 p.m. Being in Connection. Contact: Mindful City Ann Arbor.
Ann Arbor-area mindfulness groups:
Ann Arbor Center for Mindfulness (AACFM). Focus on cultivating secular mindfulness. Offering online classes, presentations, drop-ins, retreats, and workshops.
Mindful City Ann Arbor (MCAA). Works to connect the Ann Arbor community through a variety of mindfulness activities, including non-secular and non-guided meditation opportunities.
Michigan Collaborative for Mindfulness in Education (MC4ME). Focus is on bringing mindfulness and its cultivation into the schools by working with teachers and students in classes, trainings, and retreats.
Further Mindfulness Resources . . . continue your journey
RETREAT CENTERS WITH ONLINE OFFERINGS
MAGAZINES, OFFERING ONLINE ARTICLES AND COURSES
- OMM co-founder Frank Anderson and public radio host Lisa Barry, of 89.1 WEMU, are producing the podcast, Exploring Awareness. Find it on any podcast app or click here for the Apple link.
BOOKS AND CDS
- Bays, Jan Chozen. How to Train a Wild Elephant, and Other Adventures in Mindfulness.
- Boorstein, Sylvia. It’s Easier than You Think: The Buddhist Way to Happiness.
- Brach, Tara. Radical Acceptance, True Refuge, and Radical Compassion.
- Chodron, Pema. When Things Fall Apart,The Places that Scare You,The Wisdom of No Escape,Start Where You Are,and Don’t Bite the Hook.
- Germer, Christopher. The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion.
- Gunaratana, Bhante Henepola. Mindfulness in Plain English.
- Hanson, Rick with Richard Mendius. Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom.
- Kabat-Zinn, Jon. Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness, Wherever You Go, There You Are:, and Mindfulness for Beginners.
- Kornfield, Jack. A Path with Heart, A Lamp in the Darkness (with CD), Meditation for Beginners (with CD), and After the Ecstasy, the Laundry.
- Levine, Noah. Refuge Recovery.
- Levine, Stephen. Guided Meditations, Explorations and Healings (book).